domingo, 25 de agosto de 2013

Common Mistakes



My Common Grammar Mistakes


There is-There are


Is and are, are so different. is, is used in singular sentences


Ex: he IS so beautiful.


Are, is used in plural sentences.


Ex: They ARE so kind


Too-To


Too: To indicate something extra or to express excessiveness. Test by replacing “too” with “also” or “excessively,” depending on the situation.


To: When referencing a direction or recipient of an action (direction); when referring to a verb in a general or abstract way or when following certain other verbs, such as “need” or “help” (infinitive)

(http://www.wikihow.com/Sample/Too-and-To-Usage)


Too ex: I like to play soccer TOO.


To ex: Don't try TO be a hero.


Go- Went


Go – The present tense form of the verb (the action of “going” is happening NOW) Went – The past tense of this verb (the action of “going” is finished and over with)Go ex: I have to GO to English lessons today.Went ex: I went to Santiago last friday.http://tx.english-ch.com/teacher/mike/level-b/the-proper-use-of-go-went-and-gone/





I win- I won:



Win is in present and won is in past .


Won ex: yesterday I won a calculator in a math competition


Win ex I'd like to win this game.


http://www.learnenglish.de/vocabulary/Tenses/wintense.html



This-These


We use this and these if the item is near in time or space.


This is used in singular sentences


These is used in plural sentences


This ex: this movie look's great

These ex: I want these cakes

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario